Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

Cholesterol levels. Isn't the HDL a bit low?

Hi,
I am in the UK so the measurement system is different (mmol)
My TChol is 3.17. HDL is .99 and the ratio is 3.2. However, no LDL was done. I am told by my GP that there's no problem. Everything is fine and there's no need for a LDL test.
What do you think? Isn't the HDL a bit low?
I am male aged 68.
Thanks,
Ron.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2015
Thank you for asking

I read your question and I understand your concern. Your lipid profile is quite normal. And Ldl profile is not needed but there is no harm in ordering one for the peace of mind. Just continue good lifestyle and healthy habits and exercises and you won't have a problem.

I hope it helps. Consult your doctor as our advice is just for education purposes only.

Take care
Khan

|

replied February 28th, 2015
Many thanks, Sir.

Kind regards,

Ron.
|

replied March 10th, 2015
Experienced User
My HDL is 76 and the test report reads Optimal in green...I'm 76 female. LDL is a bit high, but I'm taking supps to work on that. I own the book The Heart Revolution and it's all about homocysteine being the heart culprit and not cholesterol...I've read a lot about the cholesterol myth.
|
Tags: Cholesterol
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cholesterol , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.