Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

Cholesterol dropped 100 points in 3 months

Three months ago my total cholesterol was 238, ldl - 156 and HDL - 59. I was put on Zocor - 20 mg. At my recent blood test, my total had gone down to 147, LDL - 68 and HDL still 59. Triglcyerides had gone down from 116 to 99. I was so pleased that I didn't think to ask the doctor if this was too fast of a drop. Afterwards, I got to wondering if I still needed the 20 mg of Zocor. I have been having some minor anxiety and digestive problems. This just seemed like an awfully fast drop.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi DeeRae and welcome to ehealth: Congratulations on lowering your Cholesterol that much...I take Zocor too...Works great...It's funny as I found that as soon as I started taking the drug that my eating habits changed...Maybe it was the pill as a reminder that "this is not fool around time girl"...This is serious...If that had to be my reminder, then so goes life....Again, nice going...One more thing...Check with your doctor, but don't be surprised if he/she keeps you on it....Take care...

Caroline

P.S. Mine is great now too...
|

replied December 1st, 2010
Ask your doc to test your Lp(a) level as this is the only form of Cholesterol that actually adheres to the lysine & proline binding sites present in a damaged intimal wall of a blood vessel which starts the atherosclerotic process (heart disease/CVD). Statin drugs such as Zocor or Lipitor have no effect on Lp(a).

Do a search and read about Pauling/Rath unified theory of heart disease. You will soon realize how we all(including doctors) have been sold a very expensive and useless bill of goods with the BS lipid theory which makes LDL cholesterol out to be the bad guy, it's not. "Then, Beisiegel et. al. in Germany examined plaques post mortem and found only Lp(a), not ordinary LDL cholesterol.[*]" SOURCE: Virchows Arch A Pathol Anat Histopathol 1990;417(2):105-11

Heart disease is a $500 billion dollar a year business and statin drugs account for about $20 bill. in the US alone. Since the first statin came on the market in 1987, heart transplants have tripled. Statin drugs also inhibit endogenous production of Co Enzyme Q10 (co-q10). Co-q10 is vital for the heart muscle.
|

replied December 5th, 2010
Good Grief!
"Since the first statin came on the market in 1987, heart transplants have tripled"

-Number of Heart Transplants-
1988: 1676
2008: 1802
Doesn't look triple to me!

The utter garbage people spew out to further their opinions is mind-boggling.
|
Must Read
Do you know the difference between good and bad cholesterol? When does cholesterol pose a threat to your health? More info here....
High levels of bad cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. So how do you know if you're experiencing high cholesterol, or not? ...
Who should request cholesterol testing? And how often? Learn how to check your cholesterol levels and what the optimum cholesterol levels are....