i never had a problem with public speaking and was actually clear when pronouncing words. however this past months i have been choking on my words when speaking. i will start of alright but in the middle of a sentence choke out and feel like crying.

what's wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Starstruck79
|
Users who thank Motetema1 for this post: Morongwa1982 

replied May 21st, 2009
Experienced User
Is it only when you speak in public or in ordinary conversation? On the phone? By yourself?
|

replied May 21st, 2009
It is when i have to speak in public. when in ordinary conversation it does not happen. it happens when i have to engage in some kind of a formal conversation.
|

replied March 10th, 2010
I understand, I'm the exact same way and it's horrible. I think it's anxiety. I get panic attacks and anxiety attacks, and when I get them (when I get so scared and the fear surges up) it's like my throat closes up on me and I can't speak at all...it's very embarrassing and it does make me want to cry. It happens during public speaking which is almost impossible for me to do, and during things like job interviews or first dates. I hate it. Getting on medication has cured it completely except the medication I've been on has made me gain weight so I stopped taking it. I may have to go back on it again though until I can get some therapy and learn how to control the anxiety. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this too. I wish you luck.
|

replied June 25th, 2014
Like Motetema1 ...i never had a problem with public speaking and was actually clear when pronouncing words. however this past months i have been choking on my words when speaking. i will start of alright but in the middle of a sentence choke out and feel like crying.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....