I've been panicking, wondering if I had HIV due to some symptoms I've had this past year, and only recently discovered could be related to that. But as I've done more research, I'm wondering if Chlamydia would be the more likely culprit.

Here's my story. About a year ago I was dating a guy who I trusted and who told me he's regularly tested and was clean. About a month into the relationship, my semen turned very watery and yellow. It continued to be like that for a few months before returning to its normal color and consistency. By this time though, the guy I had been dating had been seriously injured out of state, and shortly after disappeared from my life. Sometime during this period, I went a month or so where I frequently had to urinate, and had a very slight burning sensation when I did. It eventually disappeared with drinking lots of cranberry juice. Also, shortly after I began having watery semen, my knees and feet were very sore, my doctor said it seemed to be arthritis. It's lessoned a great deal since then though. Doing research it seemed to match reactive arthritis.

I found reasons to be alarmed this past week when I found a swollen lymph node in my right armpit. I went to the doctor, who said I never completed testing for my arthritis, and wasn't sure why the lymph node was swollen. He said a few others were very slightly swollen in that same armpit. Doing research, I became very concerned I could have HIV, but the more I read, the more likely cause could be Chlamydia. Though I understand both are possibilities.

Any thoughts out there?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied March 21st, 2014
Why haven't you been tested? There are tons of free clinics you can find online if you can't afford it. You need to get to the doctor. Many doctors also don't test for genital herpes (HSV-2)as part of the lab tests so I suggest that you also request testing be done for that.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....