Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Chlamydia- Is it possible i Have had it for a year?

User Profile
My doctor just called me and informed me i Have Chlamydia. I was tested last year when my bf found out he had it and came back negative. I have only been with 2 People in the last year me ex and my current bf. Is it possible i Have had it for a year? n if so will i become infurtal?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A26835
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Vaginal infections can be recurrent. Consider getting started on appropriate treatment at the earliest and get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection. Avoid having multiple partners. Avoid unprotected sexual contact. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. Drink plenty of water and fruit juices. Avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your treating gynecologist and report any unusual/abnormal/new symptoms immediately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.