2 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with chlamydia and got treatment for it. I don't know if I am fully cleared of It. I haven't had sex ever since. I only had one sexual partner but he cheated on me. I have developed a swollen gland on my neck, it is painless but I get aches in my ears in and out, in the morning I get aches from on the jaw under my cheeks on the right to inside the ear. I get aches on both ears but my severely on the right side where the swollen gland is located (on the right side of my neck) the gland hasn't changed size in the last couple of days, I have no rash or fatigues but do I get pain under my rib on the left side. I went for another STD test and results take 3 days, and I've been worried ever since, I'm only 18 years old and just lost my virginity to someone thought was going to last, I wish I wasn't so stupid trusting him, I am really scared that is HIV that's causing the painless swollen gland.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2015
(online)
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Its unlikely that HIV is responsible for the swollen gland. It could be due to tonsillitis or otitis media. You can be more sure when the STD panel results are back as based alone on symptoms, one should not make preliminary diagnosis of HIV.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is an ear infection, exactly? Learn the medical definition for ear infections and the types of ear infection that doctors diagnose here....
What causes an ear infection? We review the main causes of ear infection, and the risk factors that contribute to its development....
Pain from the ear is the most obvious symptom of an ear infection? But how do children exhibit signs or symptoms of ear infection? More info here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.