User Profile
About a year ago, a doctor had told me that I had a vaginal infection & gave me two types of medication. Soon after, I found out that the medication that was given to me was for chlamydia and gonorrhea because the infection could have been either one (they weren't sure what exactly I had). I asked the doctor if they knew what kind of vaginal infection I apparently had but the doctor just said, "We can't know until the tests come back." My question is: Because they treated me with the medication, would I still have the std? I was told that because they gave me the medication, I don't have it anymore. I am really concerned and scared at the same time. I don't have insurance and where I am from, there are no free clinics.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You still should be re-tested to make sure the medication was effective and the infection is gone. Not everyone gets symptoms with Chlamydia and if left untreated, it can cause infertility.

Also, make sure that your partner is treated because you can get re-infected very easily. Regardless of who gave it to whom, you both need to be checked and treated for this and any other possible STDs.

You need to start using condoms *every single time* you have sex. There are worse things out there than Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. If you got HIV, what would you do without insurance? Don't let that happen. Please. Protect yourself.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....