I have had a few sexual partners over the past 2 years and on a couple of occasions I have failed to use protection (foolish & irresponsible, I know!) For a while now I have been plucking up the courage to get tested for STI's. I have never had any symptoms of anything and give blood on a regular basis so I'm pretty sure I don't have anything too serious. I have finally, after months of it playing on my mind, ordered a chlamydia testing kit as I have heard that it can damage fertility. If I do have chlamydia I would have probably had it for at least 5 months, is that long enough for it to reduce the chances of me having children? It would devastate me if I could not reproduce and I am really worried that it is too late if I do have the infection. Does anyone have any information on how long it takes to develop PID?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 27th, 2010
Experienced User
I couldn't locate a time frame. PID occurs when the bacteria enter the reproductive organs thru the cervix from the vagina. Multiple sexual partners increase the risk as does doucheing. Women under 25 are more susceptible. Syphilis and other STD's can affect fertility as well. Got the info from a CDC site after checking others. Center for Disease Control is very reliable. Used their info and guidelines during my years as a public health nurse. Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Understanding the process of aging and its effects on the body can help us protect our health. But what is aging? And what can we expect as we age?...
Learn how genetics and time play a role in the aging process. Plus, information on how to avoid certain risk factors of aging and how to have a long life here....
The body deteriorates over time. But which systems are affected and how? We take a look at effects of aging on different processes and causes here....