Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Asthma Forum

Childhood asthma recurring ?

I had asthma during the period of 2 years to 11 years old due to the fact that I was put in a childcare since 2 years old. I also has ENT problem and I easily get the flu bug and thus whenver there is a cough, I have to be extra careful.

Now I am doing my BMT and army training. Everyday there we have to exercise almost throughout the whole day. 3 weeks ago, I had a throat infection, fever and develop a cough which did not go away till today (4 weeks). My throat was very itchy especially during the night when I sleep, I cough almost every 5 mins.

Do you think the asthma recur back to my life after a few years of having it under control.

Some people said yes, due to the extra physical training I am going through and the dust in the camp plus the food in the army can cause recurrence even though it has being put under control for the past 8 years.

Appreciate some doctors out there could give me some good advice. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Upper respiratory infection or an allergy episode can be followed by an asthma.
Every asthma sufferer has own symptoms, and asthma symptoms can vary from one to another attack.
These symptoms of itchy throat accompanyied with dry cough, could be an allergy symptoms or asthma can be manifested just with a cough as a single present symptom.
Strenuous exercise can trigger asthma episode with chest tightness, coughing, and difficulty breathing within the first five to eight minutes of activity.
These symptoms usually subside in the next 20 to 30 minutes of exercise, but, can reappear six to 10 hours later.
One in three young adults, with history of childhood asthma, that are in remission (without active disease) at age of 18, would experience an asthma relapse between 18 and 21 year or between 21 to 26 years of life.
Relapsed asthma , usually, is in mild form with less severe symptoms.

Personally I think it was just an upper respiratory infection!
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2009
Experienced User
ASTHMA
asthma , allergies are both a symptom of a weak imune system, or dehydration & mineral inbalance. The extra exercise could actually help improve your lung health as the exercise causes our lungs to pump the fluids via blood circulation & deeper oxygenation. the cough sounds like you need more minerals, this can be easily achieved by using unprocessed natural salt(sea) & better hydration, i have had this & have had asthma for 43 yrs until 12mths ago when i started using the salt & began hydrating correctly. check out watercures on the web also an educational site ithyroid.com .
|

replied May 12th, 2010
Asthma in children is an obstructive respiratory condition characterized by recurring attacks of wheezing, shortness of breath, prolonged expiration, and an irritated cough that is a common, chronic illness in childhood. Although the disease can begin in infancy, it is often difficult to diagnose asthma in young children. Nevertheless, these children require treatment.
Doctors advise patients of asthmatic children whose attacks are allergy-related to help the child avoid the allergens wherever possible, or more rigorous dust-control measures must be instituted.

we have to educate our children about the problems of overweighted…
|

replied May 12th, 2010
The increase in diabetes has coincided with the rise in obesity, and one of the greatest risk factors for developing diabetes is being overweight or obese. we have to educate our children about the problems of Diabetes…I find an interesting way to educate our kids which is through medical comic books as they are attractive interesting and explaining various diseases in efficient manner so they will learn it quite easily.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....