Hi there,

My son (aged nearly 4) has a complete heart block and is on the waiting list for a pacemaker.

Recently he has been complaining on chest pain and dizziness when at rest at bedtime.

His Cardiologist doesn't seem worried, as he says he should only be getting those symptoms when overly active (in which he doesn't get any symptoms, only when at rest!)

I can kind of see the cardiologists point, but can also see that when at rest my son's heart rate would decrease dramatically and as such would he not get his symptoms then?!?

Any advice gratefully received
stion here
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

It is understandable that being a parent, you are concerned about your son's symptoms. These symptoms will be present until the underlying condition is completely fixed.

But if the treating doctor has found him to be currently stable, then you need not worry about them.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.