Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest tightness, daily vomiting and nausea, achy joints

I'm female, 21 years old, 5'6" and 129lbs.

Since November I have been to the doctor numerous times to try to figure out my current health issues. After extenssive testing (Upper Endoscopy, bloodwork, urine samples, Chest Xray, and Chest Ultrasound), the doctor's still don't know what's up!

Ever since July, I've been vomitting daily (not on purpose mind you), I have constant nausea, fatigue, weakness, some trembles here and there. I've also lost quit a bit of weight. I'm talking about 20 lbs, and it was unintentional. I can't keep weight on because I have such a lack of interest in food. Like, I know I'm hungry, but once I start thinking about it, I start feeling nauseas again.

But I'm more concerned with this chest tightness I have consantly, and these achy joints in my shoulders. Not to mention dull pain that starts from the front of my ribcage, and radiates back towards my spine, then feels like a dull stabbing pain. (The radiating pain I've only started having ever since my endoscopy)

I don't know how many more tests these guys can do, or how much longer I can take it. My doctor's insist on waiting such long times between seeing me. And I mean like weeks to a month between appointments. They want me in for a follow-up, but I don't know what for! They were inconclusive to everything else and only gave me medicine to tame my nausea/vomitting. But I had to stop that medication because it was giving me pretty severe diarrhea.

I can't possibly imagine what this could be. They've ruled out GERD, Hiatal Hernia, Acid Reflux because I'm sure they would have seen something with the endoscopy, right?

I just don't want to be sick anymore. This is really effecting my work and social life.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 26th, 2013
I also forgot to add that it sometimes feels like my heart is beating way harder than it should be and a tad fast, like it's trying to break free from my ribcage.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....