Every night for the last 2 or 3 nights, I've been getting woken up from this vibrating/rattling feeling coming from my chest when I'm breathing. It happens on inhale and exhale. It feels like it's coming from deep in my chest. As I'm laying there, I try clearing my throat, coughing, adjusting my position, everything I can think of (at 4am) to make it stop. Eventually I drift back to sleep, and repeat all through the night. It starts about a half hour after I lay down, and keeps happening until I get up out of bed - it goes away after I've been standing up for about 5 minutes. I am a non smoking 21 year old female. I have a minor cold, but not even enough for me to think much of it; nose is a little stuffy and I cough a few times throughout the day.

Sorry this is a long winded post. But I know it'll be difficult to explain to get my doctor to do anything about it since it doesn't happen during the day, only when I'm laying down for an extended period of time. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....