Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Chest pains and shortness of breath after binge drinking

I was cleared of health in the past (This year I wore a heart monitor for 24 hours - normal / EKGs all normal) And in 2013 I had an echo test and stress test done, all of which were normal. I have severe anxety disorder.

But I did something stupid (and I admit it). A girl broke my heart and it was really bad. I started binge drinking. I got drunk maybe 5 times in the period of two or three weeks and smoked pot once but had a bad trip. Nothing like hardcore, but 4 or 5 beers, but for me, that was a lot as I don't drink ever. But ever since then, my chest feels tight and I have to take deep breaths, I'm only 28. Could I have done some lasting damage in just that short amount of time? I realize it was stupid, but I can't undo the past...

I went to the doctor twice and he listened to my heart and said it sounded excellent. Blood work came back and all which is excellent. But I'm still hurting... Have a slight dry cough. I can't walk to the store without getting out of breath though.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....