User Profile
I started getting mild chest paid about a year and a half ago. Then i had developed shortness of breath. This was followed by heartburn. Then I get severe gas at time where I burp for about 2 hours. It doesn't matter what I eat or drink. Sometime milk alone causes this and sometime milk alone does nothing. Now i am developing a cough. I've been to 3 doctors appointments, but the doctor seems unconcerned. I am 49 years old. Is this normal as people age? If all those issues are normal then that's fine. But I also understand quick treatment can be the difference between life and death.

Are there any tests I can recommend to my doctor? Or should I stop worrying about this? He has me scheduled for a stress test next month.

Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 24th, 2019
Chest Pain Answer A64834
Welcome to e health forum.

A panel of tests including a complete blood count, Renal and liver functions, a chest X RAY, EKG can be done for initial assessment of your condition.

If needed , a pulmonary function test can be done to assess your lung functioning.

Consult your doctor for a proper opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.