User Profile
Hi I am a 20 year old male used to be very healthy worked out 5-6 days a week for the past 2 years up until 3 months ago. Ive been having some chest pressure accompanied with fatigue, headache, difficulty thinking and concentrating. In other words i feel like crap every day all day. First thoughts were heart problems so i had stress test,many EKG's, CT scan, about 5 trips to ER and everything came back normal. My doctor put me on anxiety meds which are not helping. The first time I ever felt like this was at the gym. I was drinking an energy drink and pushing some heavy stuff then i chugged another one and in the middle of the push i felt the chest pain and something wrong with my head like difficulty seeing and disoriented. That was 9 moths ago and ever since then caffeine, alcohol physical exertion and smoking would make it worse but it would come and go. However 3 moths ago i started having the symptoms and they never went away. Please help! I am desperate! i want my life back.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2009
Chest Pain Answer A8388
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum

The symptoms (chest pressure accompanied with fatigue, headache, difficulty thinking and concentrating) that first started in the gym could be due to the energy drink you are taking if all visits to ER and heart tests have ruled out a heart cause.

The other possibility is that alcohol, caffeine and energy drink is increasing the acidity that causes chess pressure. Anemia can also be a cause. Get your hemoglobin and serum iron levels checked. Also stop the energy drink and lower the alcohol and caffeine intake and see if it helps.

Get your thyroid function, Vit B12 levels and diabetes status checked.
It is difficult to comment beyond this on net. Please consult your PCP regarding this for proper guidance and treatment. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.