Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest Pain in highland which is colder and higher altitude

User Profile
Hi, I am a 27 y/o female. I have been having some unknown chest pain (on and off) for about a week now.

It first started when I was in Cameron highland which is colder and higher altitude than the country I live in. We climbed this flight of stairs to a cafe, we were all panting when we got there although its not very long (about 10-15min) but slightly steep. After which we did some shopping and had hot tea and fried ice cream. I experience a sharp short pain that last few seconds in my left chest area (very near to the middle where the ribs meet and around between 2nd n 3rd or 3rd n 4th rib) on my way down.

The next sharp pain occurred when we were back in the hotel after a 15-20min walk (including up a short slope). I start to worry but also tell myself it's panic attack, as I was "diagnosed" with it once. (Was breathless n went to see a doctor)

The next day was pretty much ok although I was wary all the time and ate lesser, especially on oily,fatty food. However, the day after, I start to get this uncomfortable, dull pain (and sometimes tightness) in the same area I have the short pains. The discomfort comes and goes quickly too usually around 3-5 minutes. They occurs randomly, sometimes after food, sometimes when I worried about chest pain (this is probably caused by anxiety), sometimes for no reason ... The "pain" can sometimes be a "numb" and slightly cold sensation in the chest area mentioned above.

Background:
- I have been rather unhealthy for the past years. I did little to no exercise, I have been depress and have indigestion, constipation.
- no family background of heart problem.
- recent taken blood pressure 90/50, heart rate 90.
- BMI ~ 17.7

Thanks

Read more: Chest pain - Chest Pain Forum - eHealthForum http://ehealthforum.com/health/chest-pain- t440690.html#ixzz3CYpS9UVO
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2014
Chest Pain Answer A49368
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well, the pain can be due to lower oxygen concentration than you are used to. Also, it may be due indigestion and acidity caused by outside food. However, all chest pains that come and go or come with exertion, should be investigated for hear related conditions. So, please show this to a doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.