Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest Pain goes under my arm, shoulder, anxiety about Dr.

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
I have been having chest pains for a very long time. I am over-weight and a little depressed and I have anxiety issues. I have not been able to bring myself to a doctor and have not told anyone about these symptoms. Basically it's right over my left breast. The pain goes under my arm and onto my left shoulder as well. It's an achy feeling. Sometimes I can feel my heartbeat changing a bit, or maybe even skipping a beat? I dont know, but it isnt comfortable. I dont know how Im going to get myself to a doctor. Im scared and not strong enough. I'm also very very stressed out about a lot of things in my life.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2012
Chest Pain Answer A35768
Pain over the left breast that radiates under the arm and into the left shoulder is most likely musculoskeletal in origin. It might be from arthritis in the spine. It is not from the heart. Occasional skipped heart beats is not a cause for worry.
Overweight, depressed, anxiety - all may make the pain worse. Why suffer when there are so many things to help you. By all means see your physician, and with him or her consider seeing a psychiatris or clinical psychologist for some insight into your problem.
Please be aware that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.