Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest pain/back/left shoulder/ armpit shooting

User Profile
Hi there, I would just like to say that I think this service you are offering to do is very caring, you must be good people, I am afraid I am having constant Chest pain/leftback/left shoulder/left armpit shooting arm pains for the past 2 years now, every single day. Some quick information about me: I am 20 years of age, I am male, I have a history of Benzodiazepam addiction but have now been clean for exactly 2 years. I used to smoke a lot of cigarettes as well as cannabis but no longer do, as these things GREATLY increase the shooting pain I get on the inside of my left arm. I have gone and done an EKG and it came back normal, the pain is never present as I am exercising but sometimes it may strike as I begin to increase my heart rate (and then disappearing) I HAVE noticed that in times of worry and anxiety, it is POSSIBLE the pain does get worst, but I have no way to tell. The pain is GRABBING, dull, (sometimes sharp)what makes the left arm pain VERY scary is after Nicotine.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 6th, 2014
Chest Pain Answer A47093
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

The symptoms could be due to pinched nerves in lower cervical and upper thoracic vertebrae. The other possibility is pericarditis (inflammation of the lining of heart). Shingles can also present this way on and off with no noticeable rash. If the pain comes on increasing your heart rate then doing a treadmill test or a holter test may help locate ectopics, arrhythmia, angina etc. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.