Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest pain and pinching

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I am a 32 year old female. I have been experiencing chest pain for a while now. I also get this pinching type feelingright below my collar bone on both sides and in my right arm and shoulder. I saw a cardiologists a couple months ago and they did an ekg, stress test, ultrasound, and holter monitor. All of which came back good. My blood pressure stays around 120/79. I cannot figure out who to see. I have been to the emergency room a few times and they say it is muskoskeletal. I has been getting worse and more frequent. Can u help?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2010
Chest Pain Answer A9775

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Since the cardiac profile has come out clear so this pain can be due to musculoskeletal symptoms or pinched nerve. The other possibility is of costochondritis or brachial neuritis. Brachial neuritis is due to the involvement of the group of nerves exiting from the spinal vertebrae, called the “Brachial Plexus”. Secondly,it can be due to spasticity of the trapezius and underlying smaller muscles. The spasticity of the muscles can be brought on by overuse or trauma to the muscle.

Try an anti-inflammatory medicine to relieve the pain. Heat compresses may also help. If the symptoms persist then please get evaluated for all these possibilities from a physician. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.