Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Chest Pain After Exercise/Sex

So the title pretty much explains it...I do have anxiety issues am coming off of a med that didn't help (klonopin) that does depress the heart rate so thats very possibly the issue cuz I've had awful withdrawals...but about an hour after cardio (45 minute walk) I'll just get this chest discomfort. It's not a stabbing pain at all, in fact it's not really even painful, it's just uncomfortable and in a way almost kinda cold. Sometimes it will go a bit down my arm but usually not. I get the same sensations after sex or masterbation. I also tend to feel really out of it after I exercise like lightheaded, which subsides after a half hour. Not the normal exercise lightheadedness because I was an amateur bodybuilder so I'm able to distinguish the two.

I eat a really healthy diet, exercise regularly, have a family history of high BP, and I'm only 22 years old, so any input here would be helpful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 24th, 2014
It should also be mentioned that I've had some hypoglycemic type reactions with food and am about to start regularly checking blood sugar.
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2014
(online)
Dear!

All your symptoms are consistent with Benzodiazipine withdrawal syndrome. Klonopin is a benzodiazapine and stopping it causes this syndrome.

if you search this word on Google you will come to know hundred of symptoms appearing after stopping the drug. easily fatigue and vague chest pain is on top of them. So its not worrisome if you can stand with these symptoms. These will vanish by themselve. Otherwise you need to start the drug again and weaning the drug by small amount (1/10th) every week.

Hope it helped.
|
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.