Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Chest infection or leukemia ?

i'm 33 and have rheumatoid arthritis been taking methotrexate for last two years for it, I have a very bad cough for last 7 weeks had 4 lots antibiotics, 3 lots of steroids and put on asthma inhalers when I have never had asthma and the cough still has'nt went, was admitted to hospital last week with wbc 13 and nuetrophylls off not sure what they were and oxygen level 91 they said i had chest infection and discharged me ss they had no beds but I'm getting weaker by the day, the also said meth could be affecting my bone marrow, i've lost a stone in two weeks have very bad ankle pain and wake up with temp several times a night, gp thinks it's reaction to methotraxate and is sending me for ct of lungs but will take about 6 weeks, I told him I was worried about leukemia but he said that there was no need that I just have a bug and it would take me several weeks to feel okay again, I feel like I am been fobbed off and don't know what I should do as I said I am so so weak I have never felt like this in my life I am normally hyper and full of energy but hav'nt the energy to get dressed now, I don't want to be seen as a hypo annoying my dr but what should I do
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2010
As I am not involved in your care, it is not possible for me to provide you with a specific diagnosis or medical recommendation(s). Based upon the information that you have provided, however, it sounds like your doctor's assessment is more likely to be accurate than not.

I hope that you will quickly recover from this illness, and that your CT scan will not reveal any suspicious findings.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race" (2010)

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.