I am a 20 year old female who is in good health. I am 5 foot 8 inches and 125 lbs. For the past year, I have experienced chest pain that I can only describe as pressure or tightness that hurts. I also always have pain in my right jaw. The pain in my chest is right in between my breasts. Whenever I have chest pain I always have jaw pain with it. I never have one without the other. It happens about once or twice a month. I have discovered a trend or pattern when I have this pain. I always have it in early evening and last until I go to bed which is a time span of about 2-3 hours. The next morning I never have pain. When this pain starts I am usually sitting on the couch just watching tv.
I went to a doctor to get checked out. I did not go to an emergency room just a walk in clinic. I went in about 2 weeks after my episode and they took x-rays of my chest, ECG, pulmonary test, and cholestorol test. Everything came back normal except my cholesterol which was a total of 212. They told me to stop smoking and slow my caffiene intake. I completely eliminated caffiene from my daily life and I have drastically slowed down from one pack of ciggarettes a day to about 7-10 cigarettes a day. Even with these changes I am still experiencing the pain. Is there a more serious underlying problem and I need a second opinion? Please help me because this is worrying me. Any advice will help.

Thank you for your time,
Lauren
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper graper
|

replied February 25th, 2009
Experienced User
Do you have a family history of heart disease? Does the pain come after you eat? Have you tried a pill for acid reflux?
|

replied February 25th, 2009
No heart disease that I know of. My father had an aneurysm and mom has had a stroke. I thought it was indigestion before so I took tums and it had no effect.
|

replied July 3rd, 2009
Chest and Jaw Pain
Have you had your wisdom teeth removed? Have you been to a dentist and had x-rays done? Nerves in your jaw can cause radiating pain, even to your chest. If you have wisdom teeth coming in, they could be causing damage to your back teeth and putting pressure on the nerves. If you have untreated cavities, the same can occur. I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's not unheard of. If your heart and chest checked out ok in your doctor's visit, I would see a dentist. Whatever you do, don't give up until you have an answer.
|

replied September 13th, 2009
Jaw & Chest pain
I too have the exact same symtoms same as lbush88. I do have to see a dentist because of a broken tooth, but I have had these symtoms before the broken tooth about 15 years ago after I Was laid before Christmas new house two small kids so I always thought it was stress related Back then I went for a stress test and had no problems. I will post back after I see a dentist.
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Ihave similar problems. Have pains on the left front and back of chest and left arm. been to the emergency room once. They did ecg, chest x ray and blood test.found no problems. Now Iam having jaw pains once a day for one second on the right side. i do jogging for 10 minutes without loss of breath and with no increase in pain. I feel these pains when relaxing. sometimes I feel my heart beats while trying to go to sleep. Does any one have any suggestions for me
|

replied February 20th, 2010
chest and lower jaw pain and then faintish
last night i had this serious chest pain in the same areas (upper chest)(lower jaw) I then got light headed and dropped to my knees . i went to the hospital blood work ecg x rays they say im good but i dont think that this should happen for no reason anxiety? panic attack ? i personally thought that i was hbaving a heart attack but they ruled that out. i am also a 20 yr old active male and i am pretty concerned about this. I f there is anyone with suggestions or answers please let me know it would be greatly appriciated. thank you
|

replied November 12th, 2010
I have the exact same symptoms. It is referred pain from your gallbladder. I had heart test colonoscopy and finally after a ton of tests and two more attacks later the Hida scan showed the gallbladder was the problem. Who knew? But I am getting it removed. I am 35 and another one of my friends also had hers removed when she was 30. Go to your gastro doc and tell them to look into your gallbladder. You can google chest pain and gallbladder. I had jaw pain as well but everyones symptoms are different. I found out my results today and hugged the radiologist who showed me my scan and said "a ha!" here is your problem. I am so relieved. Good luck. I hope I helped:)
|

replied November 12th, 2010
Also my attacks started with intense jaw pain that moved to my chest. Than contractions begin getting worse and radiating to my back ribs. It feels like stabbing pain. Each one has lasted longer and more intense. I have been to the ER 4 times and have had 6 attacks. Can be very serious and after figuring out the problem I am getting my gallbladder out ASAP. Please go get it checked. I think you have the same problem(gallbladder). I am almost sure of it and when those attacks start it is scary. Good luck!
google jaw pain chest pain and gall bladder.
|

replied June 25th, 2012
Same pains...
I'm a 39y.o male with the same symptoms and had my gall bladder out last year. I went to the ER today and after all the labs, EKG, xray and 3 hours of monitoring I was released since everything came back at normal limits. I'm not a smoker, and wisdom teeth were removed in 1990. I know the difference between heartburn and what I'm experiencing. Also have fibromyalgia so I have the bruised feeling in my joints..
|

replied September 27th, 2012
So I am 15, and last year in my freshmen French class, I started having jaw pain, but it wasn't lockjaw. Then, for some reason, I got a migraine, which wasn't too uncommon, but I never have jaw pain. Then, chest pain started to occur, and it felt like a hammer was pounding on my chest. I thought I could have been having a heart attack, so I laid down during the class movie, and took shallow breaths while on my back. After about five or ten minutes, all the pain disappeared at once. Could this have been signs of a heart attack or stroke?
|

replied November 13th, 2012
chest and jaw pain
I've had chest pain and jaw pain for a couple years now. Have gone to both ER and PCP but everything came out normal. In fact, just had an attack this morning which prompted this search. Have not had gall bladder checked but will do that asap. Thanks
|

replied December 30th, 2014
Hi I been having this same issue my Dr ran blood work and my TSH levels were extremely low. So it might be your thyroid giving you problems
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....