Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

cheap/free medical treatment for a std?

User Profile
husband no insurance until 02/05/10 when our baby is born. I was diagnosed with HPV 4 years ago and been with my husband for 2 years and are going to have a baby in about 7 weeks!! about a week ago we noticed a tiny line of bumps under the head of his penis that look like teeny blisters, we figure its warts due to the hpv virus that i gave him, since he hasnt been sexually active with anyone before me. Now he doesnt have any insurance because he is suppose to get on my insurance with me and the baby once the baby is born, and clinics that we call say it will cost between $85-$120 due to what testing they need to do. and at this time of year and with only him working its alittle out of our price range right now. Is there anything that we can do? is there any side affects that can happen from not getting it treated right away? can we get the medication somehow without a perscription? anything? whatever help/advice i can get about this is appreciated, we are very worrried and concerned about this issue....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
Experienced User
Check with your county health department or Planned Parenthood. If you have to wait 7 wks it is not likely to be a big problem. HPV is more dangerous for a woman than a man as it is the leading cause of cervical cancer. Avoid sex while the virus is active. I am unaware of over the counter treatment. Congrats on your little one Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?