Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Characterizations of candida infections

User Profile
I hooked up with a friend. didnt use condom she is trusting. well after that day she developed a yeast infection and 1 day later i developed somthing. THe skin below the head of the penis was peeling and it hurt were it peeled and that was all at first. That has recently stoped there is no pain or peeling or anyhting on the penis and i have a rash looking thing on my right inner thigh. its red (doesnt ich) just hurts a little when rubbed with white little pimple looking things that wont pop. ive been using anti fungal cream for 3 days now cause of reasearch i did online said i should try it. so my question is. is it yeast infection? jock ich? rash? or what and should i keep using the anti fungal cream? thanks (o ps. im a big guy but never ever had any rash or problems till after that)

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2010
Yeast Infection Answer A14959
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

Candida infection is characterized by white or creamy spots on the genital area, and itching. If the white or creamy spots are removed the skin beneath them is red and inflamed. In the genital area as well as in other areas that are covered with hair, folliculitis may appear. This medical condition is characterized by redness of the skin around the hair follicles, local pain, possible elevation of the skin and white spots that suggest pus.

Given that data that you described, you may or may not experience fungal infection in the genital area and bacterial infection on your inner thigh. See your doctor for further diagnosis. Apply hydrogen peroxide and antibiotic cream twice a day on your inner thigh until the redness of the skin and pain disappear.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.