Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

change the time i take cipralex?

User Profile
I just started Cipralex to help with mild-moderate depression/anxiety, today was the forth day and the side effect is making me drowsy. I've been taking them in the morning but it kicks me hard, and I was wondering if I could change the time I'm taking them. If they make me stay awake at night, can i switch back if it's worse then before? I don't want to keep switching back and forth, i'm sure it's not good, but I would rather not feel terrible all day long. I'm going to see my doctor in a month, but would like to get the routine down before that, and I can't see him any sooner.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2014
Depression Answer A47550
Thank you for asking!
Escitalopram does that quite often. Using them at lowest possible effective dosages spare the trouble. I suggest you keep taking it in the morning or else it will worsen your insomnia. It takes a week to ten days to get homeostasis levels in body where it start working like charm.Using it at lowest effective dosages would spare the adverse effects. Seek your psychiatrist for further guidance and let them decide what is best for you.Meanwhile visit out depression health centre and see what you can help yourself with
take care
http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/depre ssion

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.