Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Chances of HSV2 from oral I heard is rare but possible.

User Profile
Male here. Had recent unprotected oral sex from a female. It was deep oral. She gagged and threw up a little, mostly away from me. I got a little on me. I'm sure stomach acids are not good for me as well as anything else from the stomach that may be bacterial. Pathetically i let her continue. I did not ejaculate in her mouth. Then we had protected sex. I have had Oral fever blisters in the past so I heard it is rare to get this in a second location. Chances of HSV2 from oral I heard is rare but possible. But from one encounter also?. I guess just paranoid like anyone can be. Feeling things that may have already been there. Some splotches. But I do feel irritation. Almost like a jock-itch feeling. Kicking myself for letting myself lose control. I knew better. Looks like little bumps also on the head but can't be sure they weren't already there. Feel slight urethra irritation but not when I urinate. Anyone with any detailed advice. What else could it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2015
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A50939
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

It is true that HSV1 does not have a preferred site of genitalia and HSV2 does not have lips and oral cavity as its preferred site but transmission of HSV2 can occur even by oral sex although the chances are very less likely. Hence the possibility of HSV 2 transmission by HSV 2 cannot be ignored.

Most individuals have no or only minimal signs or symptoms from HSV-1 or HSV-2 infection. When signs do occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur. If you get any of these symptoms then get an evaluation done from your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.