I posted on the forum, and just found out I can ask doctors here. I had sex early this morning with a girl who is involved in drugs (I don't know if she used needles) and is probably quite permiscuous. I don't know if she is hiv positive or not, and I wouldn't trust her answer either way. I used a condom but there is a catch: Previous to protected intercous, I fingered her. Obviously, I had her vaginal fluids on my fingers. I then put on the condom. I had touched the inside of the condom (the part that makes contact with my penis) with my fingers. Is this a risk for me? I would have gotten test right away, but I am aware that i must wait 3 months for accurate results. I have gotten an HIV test in the past, so I am not afraid to do so again. I just want to know if I am at risk?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2008
Community Volunteer
no, you are not.The virus dies within 30 seconds of contact with oxygen. If it will make you feel better then by all means get tested but the chances that you got the virus this way is slim to zero.
|

replied April 29th, 2008
Oh wow that is a big relief! I had read that it could survive hours on CDC, and that got me very worried.
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....