Medical Questions > Womens Health > Endometriosis Forum

chance of lupron even improving anything?

User Profile
My new OB/GYN wants me to go on Lupron shots,never mentioned any side effects aside from menopausal symptoms, so I did some research and don't like what I'm reading.

My family history includes stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, kidney failure. Mom had endo, surgical removal at 38, menopause at 40. I've been having menopausal symptoms for the past 7 years, increasing in severity for the last 3. I suffer from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, tachycardia, severe pelvic pain and DUB. MRI showed a thickening of the left USL. Suspected endo.

I was put on Seasonale for 3 months, Seasonique for 6. I ended up in more pain, with more bleeding, having a mild heart attack, and bad leg circulation problems (varicose veins, swelling, pain).

Fertility is NOT desired and I asked my new OB/GYN for a hysterectomy. She insisted on the shots.

What are my chances with all my symptoms of Lupron even improving anything?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2012
Endometriosis Answer A40757
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Lupron can control the endometriosis growth/implants thereby controlling the progression and helping with symptoms relief. If endometriosis is suspected, and symptoms are severe/worsening, do not delay in the treatment or surgery for removal of endometriosis implants/growths/cysts, scars, adhesions. Post-surgery, women have better recovery and long term relief if treatment is combined with regression therapy with use of hormones. Endometriosis symptoms can persist or recur if estrogen production or supplementation is present. Symptoms can also persist if there has been deep retroperitoneal endometriosis (as these places are not easily reachable with conventional laparoscopy). If worried, you may also consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist before deciding on further treatment plan. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is endometriosis and where does it occur on a woman's body? We outline the basics of endometriosis here, a condition that can affect millions of women....
Endometriosis can cause infertility...but what are the reasons that a woman might experience this condition? And what puts you at higher risk for developing it?...
Early symptoms of endometriosis can seem normal. But when should you ask your doctor for help? We outline the problem signs and symptoms here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Endometriosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.