Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

chance of getting pregnant by that a only drop of semen.

User Profile
PLEASE HELP! I am 18 years old. I've seen some post related to my subject, but I want to ask what if me and my partner having only a foreplay but then I ejaculated abive her vagina and it is in her anus were semen got drop by and I've seen some semen (like a drop of water) got enter in her vaginal opening and then I clean it by tissue but I am not sure if that drop of semen got clean up by the tissue or it got deeper in the vagina. But as I search some information about getting pregnant without intercourse I've seen some post that it has a little chance of getting pregnant. Please tell me if it is really can get a chance of getting pregnant by that a only drop of semen. Please I am freaked out help me

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2015
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

FYI, Pregnancy can occur, only when ejaculation occurs within the vagina, and when the woman is within the fertile period of your cycle. This period is from day 12 to day 16 of a 28 day menstrual cycle.

Having sex in the days out of this fertile period (that is day 1 to 11 & 17 - 28 ) would be less likely to result in pregnancy, and it is considered to be the Safe period.

In addition, Pregnancy can occur, only when ejaculation occurs within the vagina. Normally during sex, when ejaculation occurs inside the vagina, about 3 ml of semen (with upto 60 million sperms per ml) is deposited inside the vagina, and most of it is ejected (pushed deep) into the uterus, through the cervix. But only thousands of capacitated sperms enter the fallopian tube and only 300-500 reach the ovum, and only one of those sperms can fertilize the ovum.

Dry humping (Genital rubbing or Mutual masturbation) , hugging or foreplay without involving vaginal penetration & ejaculation does not result in pregnancy.

As explained in your history, there is no risk of pregnancy since there was no ejaculation within the vagina.

I hope this clears your doubts.
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.