I recently started taking Champix to aid in quiting smoking. I have smoked for 15 years and have tried to quit using the patch, Zyban, cold turkey, and gum. Of my previous attempts the Zyban worked the best. I quit for 8 months. I have read nothing but bad news about Champix. Ranging from stomach pains to suicide. The docter just said I may feel a little dizzy once in awhile. I am on day 5 of the pills and dont feel to bad. When I took Zyban in the past I learned to take the second in the middle of day. This seemed to cut down on the vivid dreams. People have posted forums about totally losing their marbles from taking this pill. Am I wrong to think that there are other factors to account for a certain few going mental? These pills are strong, I know that but some people will blame everything and anything on something they don't know that much about. The people that are going into deep depression from the pill should try to quit cold turkey next time because everyone loves how tolerant and patient a person quitting cold turkey is......Anyhow, I would like to read some positive and successful stories from people that have used Champix!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 23rd, 2012
I have used it and can't praise it enough. I did suffer some nausea immediately after taking the tablet but this quickly wore off. I also got into the habit of taking it before food to lessen the nausea. I didn't stop smoking until day 17 as I wasn't ready by day 14 to completely stop although I was down to 4 cigs a day on day 14 instead of the usual 20+. I decided to go with the way the tablets were making me feel and although "i should have stopped" by day 14 i decided t o just go with it. After day 17 I was amazed at how easy the tablet s made it for me.
i have tried to quit many times over the last 30 years with patches, gum and various other things but nothing as good as this.
i maybe did suffer a few mood sings now and again but definitely not as many as I would have done going cold turkey !!!! Not convinced that it was the tablets causing mood swings it could well have been just the irritability of giving up something i depended on 24/7
|
Did you find this post helpful?