hi, I am wondering if I should take champix tablets to help stop smoking. I have had 3 strokes and a mild heart attack, also high cholesterol, which I am on meds for, I take thyroxine, high blood pressue and blood thinners. I also suffer with fluid retention. If I cant take it would u know what I could take if anything. Cheers Rhonda
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
Champix is associated with more the 165 side effects and it made me gain 35lbs in 3 months and caused me to have various neuropsychiatric problems. It basically destroyed everything I had going for me. Apparently for some people it works well but I would definately say Champix should be a last resort and even then it is still not worth the risk in my opinion. It is a poisonous drug that will reak havoc on your entire body. Please do more research on this forum and the web regarding its side effects. Cold Turkey is the best solution. Apparently the Allen Carr book works for many people and hypnotherapy. Otherwise try some nicorette gum or patches. The first few days quitting is the worst then it gets better. It is more of a psychological thing than anything. Cigarretes instill a fear into the smoker that they cannot do without and quitting seems like climbing mount everest but it is really mind over matter. Just think of it as Short term pain for long term gain. The cravings will get less with time and soon enough you will not even think of having a cigarette, and you will find the smell of them revolting.
|

replied March 5th, 2012
champix
u say champix ad a serious effect on u?? How precisely?? I'm only jus starting them an an 2wks in I can't sleep?????
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....