Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Cervical Dysplasia CIN3 due to untreated HPV high risk

My name is Laurie. I'm a 38-year-old cervical dysplasia survivor. In May 2013, I had an abnormal pap smear. The doctors took a scraping and told me I had precancerous cells. They decided to do a Pap test every three months to keep an eye on the situation. I had had the last one in October 2014, and on December 8, 2014, I was taking a bath when I noticed I was bleeding. My boyfriend took me to the ER, and I was told I had dysfunctional vaginal bleeding. I called my OB/GYN and made an appointment for the next day. They did a biopsy, and on December 18, I was told I had cervical dysplasia due to untreated HPV high risk strains, CIN3. I was shocked and devastated.
On January 26, 2015, I started treatments Cervugid Ovules and Isoprinosine Tablets. I ended up having a total of 3courses of treatments.
My last treatment was on March 21, 2016. I am now aprox one year cervical dysplasia-free. I am just thankful I am alive! I try to eat healthy. I see my doctor every six months.
My advice to every female is this: get Pap smears regularly! It is so important!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 28th, 2018
hi what kind of hpv u have? have too genital warts make me so sad depress everyday
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....