Hello Dear Friends,
I want to know about some information related to cerebral palsy. Is the treatment of cerebral palsy possible and how much time it takes to recover from cerebral palsy.

Recently I have visited Trishla Foundation for consultation and they suggest me the treatment of cerebral palsy is not possible to complete but management in condition is possible. They said after the treatment child will able to walk, talk, speak and feed themselves. Is it true?

Does anyone have any experience with Trishla Foundation?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Cerebral palsy is leading cause of childhood disability, in which brain is not fully developed and leads to cognitive and motor disability
Unfortunately there is no treatment available to reverse it and the best option is to control it's symptoms and manage complications.
A multi disciplinary approach is needed to rehabilitate the patient as such as possible.
Symptomatic relief can be provided with use of muscle relaxants for spasms, different surgeries can be done to improve gait and relieve spasms
Help will be needed from nutritionist and learning disability experts.
It requires patience on part of both ,family members and healthcare providers
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your doctor for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Dr Khalil
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cerebral Palsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.