Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Centered Chest Pain, Whistling when Breathing Deep, Bronquitis?

User Profile
Today I have stronger pain (hard pressure) in the center of my chest and near to the heart than usual. I also do a whistling sound when breathing deeply. Last 2 winters I coughed yellowish phlegms almost all winter period. 3 winters ago, I had a month long cold/flu. About 4 yrs ago, I spent 3 months with my grandmother who had a terrible pneumonia in a cold/humid house. Now, I live with a persian cat in a 50 years old house in a very wet and cold country. I'm almost 36 years old woman. I weighed about 55 Kg and I'm 1.69m tall (pretty much slim type). I've only smoked passively for about 15-16 years at my family home. My father had chronic bronquitis since young and last years of his life, he was attached to a machine that helped him to breath, as the hospital visits to clear up his lungs were not much effective.
I wonder what I could have? Either asthma, chronic bronquitis, dust mite/pet allergies (usually I start to sneeze in dusty places and the pain is worse in the early cold winter mornings and when tired), pneumonia, COPD, heart failure, etc...What could I do to get/feel better??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 15th, 2013
spirometry stat :)
just go get a spirometry test done.... I've been sending myself crazy with stress and all sorts the past month, got my spirometry results and theyre normal.... go to a private clinic and just pay get it done quick so you know....youll only send yourself mad and make all that tightness worse
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2013
Thank you for the advice.
|
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....