Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Celulitis and a pimple rash

User Profile
about three or four weeks ago i devloped celulitis on my foot. and i got treated for it. but during that time i had a little bit of a rash between my thighs i didnt think any thing of it cause ive had that before and it went away in a few days by using medicated powder,but this time when i did that it seemed to make it worse the rash has spread all over my groin area and there are pimple like bumps now it itches and burns sometimes and it under my arm pits too. could it be a yeast infection?? its been over a year since i had a sexual partner so i dont think its a std..is it a possibility that since i had celulitus, could i get it back and thats where the infection decided to go? this is just really scary cause ive had these rashes even when i was taking antibiotics and its been almost a month now and there not getting any better,there way worse!! so please any feedback would definitaly be verrrrrrrrrryyyyy appreciated!!!thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 25th, 2008
Skin Answer A4745
Current medical status: getting over having celulitis on my foot

Current medical treatment: none, finished antibiotics

It doesn't seem likely to me that celulitis on the foot and a pimple rash in the groin area are somehow related. I also don't think that a pimple rash in the groin area is caused by a yeast infection. The rash between the thighs and in the groin area is probably a type of contact dermatitis complicated with a bacterial infection. It seems that balsam containing an antibiotic and a corticosteroid would be very helpful.

Before taking any actions you may want to consult a dermatologist about the rash.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.