My husband has Celiacs disease. We had started doing fruit smoothies when he bought me a Nutri Bullet. At first he said they were really helping his digestion but now they are making him sick. We only use fruit, greens, sometimes yogurt, water and he adds chia seeds. When we first started I was not adding the chia seeds or yogurt. Just the Greens and Fruit. He has stated that the last serveral times he has made them he was getting bloated and experincing flatulence. Then last week was getting nausea. Well yesterday he flat out got sick and has been unable to keep anything down for the last 12 hours. Could the Chia seeds be causing this? He eats yogurt daily so I do not think it could be that.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2014
It is the detox process that will give you bloating and gas. The added greens in green smoothies and the seeds are cleaning your system out...it should pass. Excuse the pun.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: bloated, nausea
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....