Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Celiac Disease Forum

Celiac/ IBS combo, Nothing Dr can do?

Even after maintaining a GF diet I continue to have digestive issues. I don't believe they are related to my Celiac but a secondary condition. I have been diagnosed with IBS and everytime I go to the doctor about bloating, stomach discomfort, etc. I am told that it is just the IBS.... nothing they can do. I am so tired of being uncomfortable. I can't wear my clothes sometimes because my stomach is so bloated. Do others with Celiac/ IBS combo suffer similar symtoms ? Is there something that can be done? Should I look for another doctor. I have also been anemic and vitamin D issues too. I am so discouraged and tired.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2018
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Low vitamin D can also slow the gut down. Please get this treated properly. Also anemia can cause other problems so the cause needs to be found. Diabetes is another cause of bloating and so also sedentary life style. A second opinion always helps. But before you do that, maintain a food and activity diary. Note down whatever you eat with timings and your activity levels and whn the bloating starts and is maximum. This will help you and your doctor identify problem foods and help chalk out a diet plan and maybe add some medicines to control bloating.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Celiac Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.