Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Celiac disease /weird stomach pain

I'm a 22 year old girl. I was diagnosed with celiac disease 6 months ago. I've cut out gluten from my daily diet. For the past week I've been having weird stomach pains about two inches down from the center of my rib cage. I only feel them when I don't sit up straight (hunch over) or lean/bend over also when I take deep breaths. It's a slightly harsh pain but then lightens up after a quick minute but hasn't fully gone away for a week.
Things you may also want to know, I have severe psoriasis on both elbows and knee caps also ear lobs and a little on top of my head. Very dark stole, occasional bleeding in stole, off and on again diarrhea. I've actually gained a ton of weight over the past year and a half (I've always been between 130-140 all through high school and 2 years into college, now i'm 197) I've noticed my vision has gotten slightly weaker and sometimes I can see specks in my vision when sitting or laying down. I was diagnosed with ADD in 3rd grade but for the last 3 years I feel its gotten worse (I fell like I have Altimeters) I'm wondering if this is a side affect from my newly diagnosis of CD.
Overall i'm a mess and don't feel good, any suggestions to why my stomach is hurting with weird pains??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2013
The pains sound like gas pains. They happen way more often when you have Celiac, especially when you're first detoxing. Try taking Pepcid AC to help with the pains, or even a TUMS or other ant-acid will help.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....