Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

causing my vagina to peel so much...?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I am currently living in South Korea. Recently, I went to the gynecologist because my vagina was red and itchy and there was some skin peeling. She looked me over and told me that she would treat me and told me it was not a big problem. The treatment, however, was this clear liquid that really burned. She warned me in advance of the pain but I didn't know what I was being treated for since she didn't speak a lot of English. After, I was told to continue to use a vaginal wash because she thought there was a problem with my discharge. I had my "final" treatment with the burning liquid but the peeling has since worsened but the itching did lessen somewhat. What could possibly be causing my vagina to peel so's too much that it is depressing and I can't have sex. I am too ashamed, I have had only one partner for four and a half years and he is really understanding but I can't show myself to him and we live together. I just want to know what it is so I can get better.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A19585
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your symptoms could be due to extreme dryness of vagina, skin infections like fungal or bacterial infections, other skin conditions like psoriasis etc. Consider taking a second opinion from a dermatologist or skin specialist and proceed with further treatment to get rid of it. You might have to go ahead with skin biopsy or skin scraping test to help with identifying the exact cause and get you started on definitive treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.