Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have yellow and/or orange anal leakage. When I wipe it is yellow or orange like blood mixed in. The worst is odor that people around me notice. The odor is different than stool smell. I can only describe as dirty butt crack. I have more wetness when physical. I don't have HEMORRHOIDS. I get VERY itchy from top of butt crack (tailbone) to underside of scrotum. I don't get itchy until I remove underwear (ie going to toilet, changing, showering), when I get out of chair to stretch/walk, while sleeping. It's seems itching starts when area gets to "breath". I wake myself up scratching. The itching is so bad I get an almost orgasmic relief scratching and can't stop. The itching only happens when I have anal leakage, otherwise no itch. No history of jock itch. I use Lamasil thinking it is fungus, doesn't help much. I know scratching leads to irritation, and avoid as much as poss.
I spend 90% of time (work) sitting or driving, 10 hours a day with walk breaks. I eat organic whole food. HELP

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2010
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A9512
Hi and welcome to the forum! i am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know the cause of your current condition.

Yellow or orange(like mixed with blood) anal leakage may appear when there is infection in the anal area such as a fistula, abscess or sinus pilonidalis. All these conditions may cause pain or itching in the anal area, increased body temperature, releasing pus on the underwear, and often a bad smell. These conditions, especially sinus pilonidalis, appears in men who sit most of their working time such as drivers.

Given the data that you described, you may be experiencing any of the conditions listed above. See an abdominal surgeon to rule out sinus pilonidalis or fistula. You may need to have a surgery to remove these conditions.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as an abdominal surgeon for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.