User Profile
For the longest time I have had irritation bumps(according to the doctors) all around my labia majora and on labia minota they are very tiny I have a lot of them all around doctors.. along with the tiny bumps I started to get UTI I have had 4 since November in the last 2 1/2 months I have not had another one along..and of course because of the antibiotics I got yeast infections.I have taken 4 STD test all negative... And they have all done pap smears that have all came out normal.I have had internal vagina itching and sometime outside too.I still have the itching that drives me crazy I have had it for 2 months or longer. doctor put me on antibiotics again because he said it help irritation but I still have the itching.I have no discharge... I also just went on the depo shot. recently I got 2 big white pimple like bumps(not sure if they where blisters) on labia majora I popped them and and clear fluid came out along with pus and a little of blood it never itched just what it sound like?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2010
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A11275
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

Itching in the genital area combined with itching inside the vagina indicates a vaginal infection, usually a yeast infection. Yeast infections may appear everywhere, especially in the genital system, when strong antibiotics with wide spectrums are used in extended treatment of infections in other body systems such as UTIs, pneumonia, bronchitis, etc. There are glands near the entrance of the vagina that produce mucus to prevent the vaginal lining from drying. Their canals can be blocked by cell debris, which cause the mucus to collect and distend the canal, which is a perfect area for inflammation and infection to develope.

Given the data that you described it is likely that you experienced a cyst due to blockage of the vaginal glands' canals. If the same condition appears again you may consider seeing a gynecologist to have the cyst removed. You may need to take a short course of antibiotic treatment to heal the infection then.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other healthcare provider such as a gynecologist for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.