User Profile
I have a buzzing almost a hum in my ears, but it only happens at night when I settle in for the evening.

Any answers on how i can get it to stop?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 27th, 2008
Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Answer A4791
It is probable that symptom you describe is tinnitus. Tinnitus is a medical term of hearing noises which can be soft or loud, and may sound like buzzing, ringing, blowing, hissing, hamming... Many people experience various forms of tinnitus. It can be a symptom of many medical conditions and diseases, starting with ear problems including ear infections, wax, an injury from loud noise, head and neck pain or injury, circulation problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, allergies, medications, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol ets.Tests must be done for coming to the right diagnosis.You might consider visiting your doctor and making basic tests for a start, like blood tests, blood pressure control. You may also visit an audiologist for an audiometry test of hearing,otolaringologist or nevrologist .

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.