User Profile
hello im 31 years old mother of 2 i need to seek some advice about my hormonal imbalance ive'd experience right now, i have a regular menstruation period cycle of 21 days. i have the experiencing the symptoms of pimples in my face and falling hair what should i do or i take medicines for this. my sincere thanks for your advice it will help a lot to me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2010
Acne and Skin Disorders Answer A9549
Hi ,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

It can be due to adult acne which occurs due to a hormonal imbalance at this age. Just keep your face clean by washing with a mild soap at least twice a day. Pat it dry and do not rub it. Avoid picking or pressing the acne.

Specific treatment consists of Benzoul peroxide gel and topical antibiotics like Clindamycin. The causes of hair falling out could be due to stress, fungal infections, alopecia aereata, hormonal imbalances (overproduction of dihydrotestosterone and thyroid hormones irregularities), malnutrition, telogen effluvium and sebum plugs on the skin. You should consult a dermatologist and get all these possibilities evaluated.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.