Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

cause of lump under arm

i found a lump under my arm while i was in the shower and it doesn't hurt, it is pea sized, and it's been there for about 3-4 weeks now. what is it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Lymph nodes under armpit that are up to 1 cm in diameter, are considered normal.
Swollen lymph node due to infection in arm can lead to soft and painful lymph node, usually resolving in 2 weeks.
Sometimes, following infection lymph nodes occasionally remain permanently enlarged, being non-tender, small (less the 1 cm), having a rubbery consistency, and lasting for longer than 2 weeks.
If you find this lump to be like non-tender and firm, you may consider visiting your physician for breasts examination.
It is very important to undergo breast check up, since cancerous cells can change the lymph nodes first, even when there are still no breast cancerous changes.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump, arm
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....