Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Cause of a child's cough

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
one morning after having intercourse i wash myself up but i use the same wash cloth to wash my body. when i get in the shower now in put soap on my body my kid cough alot while i am in the shower in when i get out. i did see my doctor he told me i could have some bacterial still on my skin and told me to get some antibacteral soap in i did that but when i use it it make them cough until they get sick. my question is what happen to my skin after using that same wash cloth plus my skin smell just like sex how can i get the smell off my skin in what is causing my kids to cough when i put soap on my skin. it happen when i wash dish to.i have try using other brand soap still don't help make it worser.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2010
Infants Answer A9455
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. I don’t think the cause of the cough in your kids has got much to do with the smell/odor of your skin after the sexual intercourse.

I presume it could simply be due to another allergen or a viral infection. However, it’s always good to use antiseptic soap like dettol to be doubly sure your skin has got no residual substances which might be causing a cough in your kids.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For an exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.