Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

cat scratch disease with benign tumors and more illness as adul

User Profile
Hi, I'm jennifer , 29 yr. Old female. I worked most of my adult life with animals. In grooming salons and vet hospitals. My rare conditions in life started young. At 6mo. Old I had roseola, was treated without complication. At 5 yrs old, I had a sudden high fever followed by swelling in the lymp glands in the neck, below the ear, under the jaw line. The fever and swelling continued for up to 1 month. Negative for tb. Eventuall I was rushed to emergency surgery for fear the the lump would burts and cause sever scaring. Benign growths were removed from both sides of my face with the left mass being much larger. Healing went well and recovery was normal. When I was around 10 yr old, I started having stomach pain, gas and loose watery stools. I remember having tiny red spots on my ankles and lower legs off and on throughout childhood. I was told it was from sand fleas...lol. the stomach problems were explained to my mom as m trying to get out of school. That was not true to my memory, I definetly remember hurting. I started menstrating at 14, and begn bith control (depo shot) at 17. I had a good bill of health until I was 19. I came down with viral menengitis and had to be hospitalized hospitalized for over a week and was not fully recovered for about 3 months. At the end of the same year, 19 years old, I had sudden fever and within 3 hours there was visibile swelling in the glands in my neck at the previous surgery site. I went to my dr. The next day got azrithromician in a strong dose. 1 pill only. The swelling was gone within 12 hrs. And has not returned since. From 19 till 26, I was in a commited relationship that turned abusive when I was about 21. There was an incident where I hit my heard on concreate after being knocked down by him. Within a week of I had a of the head injury I had what felt like a seizure. It seemed to be brought on by exaustion/stress as it happend after hours of arguing and crying. I had several seizure type events over the next few years. The last on was in january of 2005. I soon developed anxiety and insomnia that has persisted and gotten worse over the years. I manage it mostly with relaxation breathing, but have used medications to "break the cycle" when the anxiety would persist over a long span of time. In jan. Of 2005 I had an instance of strep throat and was treated with antibiotics, recovering in about 2 weks. I was given fluids for dehydration as well. In march 2005, after a trip to the beach, I noticed a large number if flat pin point size red dots. I scheduled a dr. Appointment for fear that I got some kinda of fungus from the ocean. Before my appointment I started having black bruising all over my body. Very large and very black bruises, the red spots were now all the way up my legs to my groin. And some on my neck chest, and arm. The dr identified this as thrombocytopenia most likely due to the antibiotics I took in january. My cbc showed plateletts at <10. I took pred. For about 3 months. Starting at 100mg a day, and tappering off over that time. I discontinued pred after my platelettek reached >150. 1 year later, in march of 2006 petichia appeared again. I went to the dr. The same day and the cbc showed platelettes at <13. Pred. Was started at 20 mg. A day, and blood was normal. By mid april. In may I became pregnant with my first child. Pregnancy was normal although treated as high risk due to the recent platelette issue. I was seen and monitered by a hemotologist bi weekly the entire duration of th pregnancy without remarkable decrease in plateletts. There was no complications at delivery and I had an epidural. During the pregnancy I presented with gall stones and had several emergency room viits due to extream pain. I had biliary colic, pancreatitus, and possible stones in the bile duct. I had my daughter in july, went for an e.r.c.p. in august. It was only partially done because the "amnesia" drug didn't limit my mobility, and I got up and ripped out the tube and iv and fought with nurses....so I hear. I have no memory of it. Before I reached home aftr release I had extream burning and pain, and was admitted back in the er for emergency gallbladder surgery. After the surgery, during recovery, my blood counts did not stabilize and I was not released. Approx. 48 hrs. Laterthe surgon came in tipped my head to the floor, feet in the air, and told me I was going o emergency surgery due to nix of an artery. The artery was repaired and I got 2 units of blood transfused. I have been free of any major illness since then, with exception to a cold or 2. I became pregnant for the second time and delivered in july of 2010. I had decreased platelets. With the countshowing <90. I convinced the anasteologist to proceed with ephidural as I knew it could be done in platelet s of <50. There were no complications and delivery was normal. My son had a short cord of about 12in. My bowel symptoms have worsened with age. I have up to 8 watery bowl movements a day with instances of constipation and feeling empacted. There is often mucous and floating small pieces of stool with the watery stools. I have also had 3 instances of what would be classified as sever bleeding from the anus not during menstration. And a hand full of instances with heavy amounts of blood in the water and on the tissue. I have a fibroid on my uterus and an ovarian cyst on the left ovary. In the last month, oct. 2011, I had acute onset of pain in my right rib cage radiating into my back. There was sharp stabbing pain with breathingand it lasted for about 2 days. Laying still and controling air intake helped, but not much. About a week later, I started having numbness, tingling, cold sensation in the right side of my back near the lower ribs. It is persistant, nothing seems to relieve it. When I'm standing on my feet,my feet start to tingle, and soon I'm numb and tingling from the thighs to the top of the rib cage. Other factor to note. I have normal to low blood pressure, have been obese most of my adult life. I'm. 5'7 and have weighed as much as 250 lbs. Currently I weight 220lbs. Been told I'm lactose intolerant. Have been tested for all auto immune diseases associated with platelette disorders with no positive results. Had a thyroid test around the age of 13(negative) and had dia betes tests in childhood and in both pregnancies with no sign of being diabetic. I worked for a year with dogs that had frequently traveled to germany and slovakia. I was hoping that someone can make some sense of all of these issues. Thank you for your time. Jennifer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2011
I also have hazy vision as of the last year, and have no known allergies except a medication called flumadine, which caused vision loss (total darkness). It was prescribed for influenza virus. I was given a hydrocortisone shot and my vision returned rapidly. I'm also allergic to guinea pigs. (Not rats, mice,hamsters chinchillas, ferrets, opossoms, or any other rodents.) I have taken diet pills on and off over the years, both over the counter and prescribed. I've used over the counter sleeping pills on brief occasion. I've used xanax Off and on for the past few years for short periods of time to aid with anxiety and sleeping problems. I've been a medical marijuana patient since 2007, and use it daily to help with sleep. I've done a sleep deprivation therapy at home, supervised by my husband. It didn't help either. Also, I've engaged in anal sex a hand full of time. I don't know if that's tmi, lol.... but it seems to come up a lot when I mention thrmbocytopenia to a dr. Ialso have had multiple hiv, hepatitis, and 1 cystic fibrosis tests, all negative.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2012
I now have been through a colonoscopy, endoscopy, pelvic ultrasound, and full abdominal ultrasound, as well as chest x-rays. My abdomnial ultrasound showed that i have Hepatosplenomeglay( enlargent of the spleen and liver at the same time). My pelvic ultrasound revealed a unremarkable growth on my ovarie.. i guess my cyst is shrinking?... my endoscopy showed that i have esophigial erosion and Gastritis(an inflamed abdomen), and my colonoscopy showed that i have internal hemoroids.. so i ask the all important question... Which one is causing the deep pain in my upper right side behinde my rib cage? the dr says he doesnt know, and that i should take meds which i looked up and are for heartburn(extreme hertburn and acid reflux) i told him i dont have heartburn. he said he has no further coarse of action for me, and that he doesnt know whats causing my pain and to just take the meds???? i just cant get any answers, but they sure are racking up the charges for all of these tests... oh, i also had a fecal panel. which came back negative for cancer and h-pylori
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
your medical condition is beyond my comprehension and probably all others who read these forums.
|

replied July 23rd, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Stress
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...