Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome + Blood Pressure Medicine?

I've have CTS (getting worse) + high blood pressure. I was wondering if anybody knew/tried of a blood pressure medicine that might help with the CTS? I read right on a few sites that lack of blood flow to the fingers/wrist area might attribute to worsening CTS.

I would assume the BP drug would be in the Calcium Channel Blockers (CCB) family and I wanted to see if anybody had this help?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
I would suggest that you might want to ask the doctor this question...I, too, have CTS and find that aging could inhibit the flow of blood to our limbs...Seeing our hands are near our heart, I would hesitate thinking this, but who knows...It could be true...

Kind of something that you live with as you age...

Take care,
Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....