Hi all ,i am very new to this so be patient ,for over the past two years i have been slowly loosing my speech after surgery for carotid artery blockage ,am i just thinkingthis is to much of a coincidence or iis it possible that the surgery did cause my problems wonder if anyone has had similar problems look forward to hearing from anyone please .
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2011
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

It is very difficult without your prior medical records and details of surgery, to associate the loss of voice.

But is is quite possible that , any surgery, requiring general anesthesia, and intubation, causing vocal cord damage and paralysis, that can result in complications and hence a loss of voice.

You might consult a ENT doctor for a examination and proper advice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vascular and Circulatory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.