My Dr. prescribed Carac over entire face for 21 days. On day 6 I am itching and burning and very spotty on face. I don't think I can last for 21 days! If I stop after 14 days - or as long as I can go - do I get any benefit at all?

Also - why can't make-up be used? I only need (for work) to use it for a half day 3 times a week. Does this keep the cream from working?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jgo65
|

replied May 4th, 2009
carac cream
I also used carac cream on one spot on my fact for 3 weeks. I have been off for almost 3 weeks and I still have a red circle that developed during the process and will not fade away. What do I do?
|

replied November 11th, 2009
Carac on face
I'm a 44 year old male. My Dr. asked me to use Carac on my face. I used it for 18 days and then returned to Dr for my appointment. The first week was hardly noticeable. The second week it started getting pretty bad and by week 3 it was really awful looking. Thanks to reading things on this forum I took a week of vacation during the 3rd week.

After 18 days my Dr. prescribed a cream called Bionect that I applied 3-4 times per day for 4 days and then started back on the carac cream for another 10 days. My face healed up really good after this short break and didn't get nearly as bad during this treatment as the first round. I started back on bionect after the 28 day treatment and within 5 days my face is almost back to normal.

I would highly recommend the Bionect cream. It is kinda expense at about $80 bucks a tube but it really helped me.
|

replied September 16th, 2013
Carac Face Application issues
I started Carac applications on my face and scalp 20 days ago. I took off 2 days for ankle surgery. During the first round of 14 days I had all the side effects; redness, dryness and itching, chills and shivering occasionaly, but also swelling in the forehead and eyes. Back on it again now for 4 days, the symptoms remain, especially bad at night when trying to sleep.Also, yesterday my lips and inside of mouth began swelling and that symptom remains while my eyelids have started to swell again as well. Not sure if I can keep this up. I am supposed to do 30 days on 10 off 30 on but my doctor now is suggesting I stop after 30 but that was just after the ankle surgery. I am reaching out to him again. Any thoughts?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....