Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

cant sleep continuous, need sweets while sleeping

iam omar, 40 years, 175 cm, 83 kg,have agood job and avery good life style, doing work out at least 3 times aweek.taking all supplement and vitamins i think it will help me, like any one i have aproblems in my life but the main point is i have bad memories in my mind about thing going through my life
i take a small dose of sleeping pills from 2 years continuous and cant sleep good at all, i wake up every 1 hour need sweets and smoke quickly then sleep again. this happen 4-5 times and all my trails in all ways doesnt be useful at all
this made me un happy and not satisfy in my life
i have alot of dreams,iam not sgree with my image because i do alot to be in a perfect way but i have one result away from what i plan for
i have some belly because of eating sweets while sleeping and iam fedup, pls help me and tell me what i could do
sorry for disturbing
waiting your quick reply
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Lisaroy1
|

replied March 2nd, 2011
Consult a good Doctor because sleep is very necessary for life and if you are not able to sleep continuously then it might affect your normal system..so bettrt consult a doctor as soon as possible.
|

replied March 5th, 2011
thanks for your reply i appreciate this, i consult more than a doctor with no obvius result.
which supplement can i take before sleeping,already i took every day glutamine & argineen capsules
calcium and magnesium vitamins..plus to sleep tabs
also by day time i took vitamin c in good dose, folic acid tab, omega3 caps.
thanks
accepting a quick reply
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2011
Experienced User
i have taken a nutrition class, and what it sounds like to me is that, ofcoursedly you have a belly because of the sweets. but what i have learned is that if you drink a glass of water before you go to bed, you will feel more full longer, and your body will not want to have the sweets, because your brain will think that your stomach cant handle any more food, thus leading to less caffeine and sugar(which makes you stay awake). so my recommendation is this:try to drink water before, and plenty of it, before you lay your head down that final time. it may not work at first, but keep trying..(and a few sips of water doesnt count)
|
Users who thank thelonelyone45 for this post: omaralyyy 

replied March 15th, 2011
Hi,
Using a magnetic mattress pad or topper will certainly help you sleep better without any disturbance. Magnets have always helped people suffering from insomnia and you will find them useful too. Drink lots of water during the day and use the magnetic mattress pad at night, this will give you sufficient and an uninterrupted sleep. A magnetic mattress pad is used over your regular mattress and is either a woolen or cotton pad embedded with magnets that have high strength. In addition to giving you good sleep, it also helps you get rid of any kind of body pain and makes you feel refreshed and energetic.
|